- Protect, promote and advance the common interests of members and the insurance industry and act as a medium of consultation and communication with the National Bank of Ethiopia (The regulator) and the Government:
- Provide a forum for and promote closer relationships understanding, agreement and cooperation among Members on matters of matters of mutual interest:
- Collect, compile and distribute amongst members statistical, technical commercial and other information and data of interest to Members
- Promote, encourage and sponsor insurance research, training and education in all aspects of insurance;
- Foster public confidence in the insurance industry by adopting a minimum standard of behavior and code of Practice to be adhered to by members and promoting consumer education in insurance
- Establish and maintain good relations and affiliations with other associations and similar bodies within Ethiopia or elsewhere in the world;
- Engage in such other activities as may contribute, directly or indirectly, to the achievement of the objectives of the Association.
- Protecting, promoting and advancing the common interests of members including the taking of such concerted measurers as may be deemed expedient whenever the business of the members of the Association may be affected by the action or proposed action of any authority, organization, body or person, and to acting as a medium of consultation and communication with the Government.
- Doing all such things as may be necessary, proper or advisable for the general advancement of insurance business or which may be necessary for or incidental or conducive to the attainment of any of the objects of the Association;
- Promoting knowledge and a clearer understanding of insurance among all sections of the community;
- Gathering and collating data and information from members of the Association, for the purpose of determining market trends and satisfying any other requirements set by the Board from time to time;
- Consulting or co-operating with other Associations or similar bodies within and outside Ethiopia in regard to matters of mutual interest and if deemed necessary obtaining affiliation with such Associations;
- Managing the assets and funds realized from contributions by members and out of investments for the benefit of the members.
- Providing Training and development programs